Snapshots and thoughts about my everything but normal life as an American third grade expat going to an Italian school

Saturday, January 06, 2007

more about me...

Italy is the third country I have lived in. I have lived in Turkey, the United States and now in Rome. I speak fluent Turkish, and obviously English and Italian..........I am trilingual. When we first moved to Italy I was in an international school. Then,in second grade, because I was not learning Italian, I went to a completely Italian school. I went there not knowing a word of Italian and all the teachers spoke Italian and all the kids spoke Italian. I could not communicate with anyone, so it was difficult. But look at me now (in third grade)! I speak fluently. I guess I learned faster because I basically had to learn in order to be able to survive that school, so I did. Actually now I am having problems because I am talking too much during class...and it's funny because when I first went to that school the teacher said that I didn't talk at all...and now she's complaining that I'm a chatterbox (chiacchierona).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home